hello.
welcome to my blog


This is where I will write about whatever's going on in my life, or whatever's going on in my head. I wouldn't consider it as my online journal as I don't plan on writing every day, but I guess it is somewhere around that category.
I do write short stories and prompts on my other blog; http://toyouwhoisreading.blogspot.com
Enjoy your stay!

Hello, world!
Friday 22 May 2015

Welcome to my blog! Since I have just started this blog and this would be my first post, I think it would be very appropriate to kick it off with an introduction; about the blog and the girl behind it a.k.a ME :D

My username of choice is eyeneee. Looks weird? Well let me break it down for you. I go by the name Aini and to make it easier for people to pronounce it, I came up with the username with a help of my friend.

Eye = Ai
Neee = Ni

See? Heh. So anyway. I am an eighteen year old girl living in Malaysia. I have a variety of interests, some of them being languages, music, literature,  and Japanese animation + drama CD.

My first language is Malay/Bahasa Melayu, making English my second language. I have been learning two other languages; Korean and Japanese, for a few years.

I started to gain interest on Korean entertainment as well as the language and culture around the year 2009. Being the curious 13 year old me, I decided to self-learn the said language in 2010. In my opinion, learning a new language is extremely fun and interesting, despite some people stating that it's a waste of time if you're not going to need the language in your life. I just cannot agree with that because, hey, you never know when you're going to need the knowledge. The more you know, eh?
I can read, write, speak and understand pretty... decently? I understand a lot more than the other skills though.

It's a different story for Japanese though. I watched a lot of Japanese animation when I was a kid, so naturally I picked up some vocabulary here and there throughout the years. Unlike Korean, I did not learn the Japanese writing systems because I was focusing on Korean at the time, and it kind of scared me with it having three systems: katakana, hiragana and kanji. Oh, the kanji. 

I only started to challenge myself by trying to learn them early this year, thanks to a Japanese friend of mine. He convinced me to just get over my fear and learn! And he told me the fact that even native Japanese speakers are not good at kanji. Everyone has problem with it. So I gave it a shot! I have a LOT to learn, still. My skills are more to understanding and speaking rather than writing and reading, of course.

Moving on; MUSIC. My parents told me that I have loved music since I was very young. I was always asking my mom to sing when I couldn't. Then I kept singing when I learned how to-- until today. I enjoy a lot of different genres and languages when it comes to songs. I do not agree with the people who avoid songs in a language that they don't understand. Giving the excuse of "I can't enjoy it fully if I don't know what I'm listening to." Then Google the damn lyrics translations, people.

Sometimes no lyrics are needed to touch the listeners heart. Exhibit A: piano works. I adore the Korean pianist, Yiruma. His works are just beautiful and touching.

My favorite ..

Western singers: Demi Lovato, Katy Perry, Travis Garland, 5SOS, Ne-yo, Jason Derulo.
Korean: Wheesung, Huh Gak, Ailee, BESTie, Royal Pirates, f(x), VIXX
Japanese: Tegomass, Kat-tun, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Piko, Wakaba, ON/OFF

Next interest: Literature!

I lalalalove reading. I am in love with books, no lie. One of the things that I can't stop myself from buying are definitely BOOKS. I go crazy with my book buying sometimes. My empty purse would be the proof of that :P

I love reading books that are related to supernatural, fantasy, psychology + dark and twisted plots are always loved. But there is no denying that cheesy, fluffy contemporary romance are nice to read sometimes. I watch an insane amount of Booktube videos as well, which affects my book buying a lot. It can't be helped, hehe.

Aside from reading, I do enjoy writing as well. I have another blog: http://toyouwhoisreading.blogspot.com where I post my short stories, prompts and word vomits. It's been a while since I posted anything because I went into a reading+writing slump which I am slowly getting out of, happily. :D

Now we have reached "Japanese animation + drama CD"!

I rather not start with my history with anime, because if I do, God knows how long this post is going to be. So let me just list a few of my favorite animes.

(In no particular order because that is just impossible)

- Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler
- Hetalia
- Vampire Knight
- Loveless
- Lovely Complex
- Black Bullet
- Jigoku Shoujo

If you don't know what a drama CD is, it's basically an anime without visuals. Yup, it's just an audio drama. Drama CDs are totally fangirl material, frankly. They consist of the character's voice; as if they're talking to you. YOU are in the scenario. Heh. Fangirl material, nuff said.

My obsession with drama CDs started the same time as I fell into the seiyuu (voice actor) fandom. I basically "stalked" my seiyuu of interest at that time who was (and still is) Hirakawa Daisuke and landed into this black hole.... full of drama CDs. And that, kids, is how it all started.

I have over 50 drama CDs in my laptop at the moment, and more to come. I do wish to own at least one physical copy, but I'm too broke to afford it. Sigh. One day, maybe. Anyway, drama CDs actually helped me a lot with my Japanese. It's amazing how much I can understand and speak now compared to before I discovered them. Listening to my favorite voice actors' while learning at the same time: purrfect.

While we're at it, I'm just gonna list down my seiyuu bias list (because I can 8D)

- Yoshino Hiroyuki
- Hirakawa Daisuke
- Yusa Kouji
- Konishi Katsuyuki
- Hino Satoshi
- Morikubo Showtaro
- Toriumi Kousuke
- Terashima Takuma
- Kamiya Hiroshi


This blog is going to be about my interests which I have stated (or rambled about) above. My posts could be related to languages, literature, music, or anime + drama CD goodness! And maybe I will write about my college life when it starts next month-- if it's interesting enough.


- Eyeneee.



Labels:



HTML Comment Box is loading comments...
04:44